If the hit song “Happy” rings a bell, then you already know Pharrell Williams. He is the American musician that usually wears some sort of funky, wide-brimmed hat during musical performances. This outstanding musical act is many things in one. Not only is he an artist, but also a songwriter, record producer and a budding entrepreneur as well. He started a clothing line in 2005 called BBC (Billionaire Boys Club) and Ice Cream alongside Nigo, a Japanese fashion icon. As if that wasn’t enough, he debuted another clothing line in 2014 known as Raw for the Oceans. There is no gain saying, Williams is such a talented and ambitious man.
He was born on April 5, 1973 in Virginia. The never-grow-old legend has produced quite a number of songs that were back-to-back hits even when he was with The Neptunes, a production team he started with his high school friend, Chad Hugo. Among the musical acts he’s worked with include: Jay-Z to Britney Spears, Busta Rhymes, Fabulous, P. Diddy, Usher and Nelly, just to mention a few.
From numerous Oscar and Grammy awards to building a successful business empire, it could be said that Pharrell Williams is an accomplished person. The year2013 seemed to create that ultimate spark in his music career paving the way for future prospects. And in 2014, he joined popular TV competition, The Voice as a coach. He has won 10 Grammy Awards, 6 Billboard Music Awards, 1 iHeart Music Award, 1 MTV Africa Music Award and People’s Choice Award among others. He also got several nominations including that of the Academy Awards. Indeed, he is inspiration personified. He has a lot of quotes to his credit. Here are the some of the best quotes of Pharrell Williams you never knew.
1. “It’s not possible to experience constant euphoria, but if you’re grateful, you can find happiness in everything.”
This is just a powerful motivation to get you through the day. Regardless of what your situation might be and as long as you’re grateful, you’ll be happy even if there is no reason for you to be.
2. “You can’t get anything done hanging out all day long.”
You don’t know the value of one minute until it’s lost. If you really must be successful in whatever you do, quit doing things that have nothing to do with your goals.
3. “I love what I do. I love my job.”
This should get you thinking! It’s so easy for you to claim that you have a job. But is that what you really love doing? Doing what you don’t love is called slavery. This truth has been proven in Bankole Williams’ classical book- “Engaged to the Job I Hate.”
4. “I am consciously trying to make what I feel is missing.”
You must be sensitive to people’s needs and situations around you if you must succeed as a business minded person or entrepreneur. This is how you can create what is non-existent.
5. “I’m a little boy from Virginia. I’m a backpacker. In my head, I’m left of center. I come from the pool of weirdoes.”
As a rule, never forget where you’re coming from. This is the only way you can focus on your destination ahead. In this quote, Williams never forgets what he’s been through- the hurts, the struggles, the rejections but most importantly he stays positive. And this is important for you to succeed. Remember, your life is only a journey.
6. “I’m a fan of music, first and foremost. So, I do things from the perspective of a fan.”
Never be too full of yourself. Always put yourself in the position of those who look up to you as a mentor so that you can see what they expect of you through their own eyes.
7. “I like to browse and just hang in bookstores.”
To be great, you have to prepare for it. Grow, develop yourself and get knowledgeable in relevant areas of life.
8. “My ideal travel companions are my family.”
Never forget your family no matter how busy or famous you get. Include them in your everyday plan.
9. “When you’re dancing, you’re dancing for people to see.”
Your talent is not to be hidden. If you don’t express it, no one will recognize that you have a gift.
10. “I don’t want to end up being a circus act, doing my most famous tricks when I’m 70.”
Give everything it takes to be successful while you’re still vibrant and full of energy. Waiting too long to realize your potential, especially when you’re old, is like a fading moon soon to disappear.
11. “I just like being a kid. I enjoy it. I don’t want to grow up.”
The life of a kid is quite intriguing. There are no rooms for pointless dramas and negative vibrations that adults face today. They live as the moment comes basking in the euphoria of living.
12. “Alber Elbaz is a genius. He’ll be in dinner jacket and he doesn’t care what time of the day it is: I love that about him. He just marches to the beat of his own drum.”
Pay no attention to what people think or feel about you. Just be yourself and don’t let anyone pressure you into being anything other than that.
13. “Everything that we experience everyday leaves a long-lasting impression.”
Always remember your daily experiences. They are lessons of a lifetime.